When playing or training in Fastpitch Softball one of the most important things that you need to have is a bat. And this applies in particular when you step into the batter’s box. Having a bat is not enough as you should have the best one possible.
The game is one of the most popular in the USA and so you can rightfully expect many companies to invest in the manufacture and distribution of bats and other gear. With so many options to choose from getting the best fastpitch softball bats might be an issue if you do not know what to look for when shopping for this device.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- BARREL: Full Composite with patented HVR-1 Technology for an extremely...
- CONSTRUCTION: Two-piece design featuring a SPRINGLOAD Connection...
- SWING WEIGHT: Balanced swing weight for extreme control and maximum...
- END CAP: COPA performance End Cap works with the barrel to maximize...
- GRIP: Premium LS Pro Comfort Grip with increased tack for better feel...
The fact that you will spend hundreds of dollars also makes it necessary to get the best Fastpitch Softball bat. However, as a player, the most important thing is to buy something that will help you improve your game or your teams performance. And whether you are a pro, or you play just for fun you can easily get a good bat if you have enough information.
|DeMarini 2020 CF (-10) Fastpitch Bat, 33"/23 oz||best fastpitch softball bat for power hitters|
|Louisville Slugger Xeno X20 (-10) Fastpitch Bat, 33"/23 oz||discount fastpitch softball bat|
|DeMarini 2020 CF Zen (-10) 2 3/4" USSSA Baseball Bat, 29"/19...||hottest fastpitch softball bat|
|Easton MAKO CXN ZERO 10 Fastpitch Softball Bat||wood fastpitch softball bat|
|Easton FS3 TORQ CXN ZERO Fastpitch Softball Bat||composite fastpitch softball bat|
Things To Consider When Choosing the Best Fastpitch Softball Bat
Each batter has a preference when it comes to the bat since different people have various styles of play. Some will prefer heavy ones while other will prefer the lightest possible (such as the best youth softball bat) but several other things determine the weight other than their preferences like for example league requirements.
Although your tastes and likes will influence more what you choose as you know what works well for your game, some particular things define the best Fastpitch softball bats. The following are some of these things that you should consider if you want to get the best fastpitch bat.
Type: One-piece vs Two-piece
Although many manufacturers produce softball bats, all of them can be classified into two broad types that are one piece and two piece bats. As the name suggests the one piece are those that have everything (hand and barrel) as one piece.
The one-piece bat is curved or molded so that both the handle and barrel are part of the same structural body. On the other had a two piece softball is made up of two separate parts. The handle in a two piece bat can be from a similar material or a different one.
Both bats are widely used in Fastpitch softball since each has its merits. The one piece is a solid bat, and it is perfect for batters who are looking for a minimum flex. A two piece bat, on the other hand, is best suited for players who want to get maximum trampoline effect from their bat.
The material that it is made from will determine its durability, weight and hence its performance on the field. Best Fastpitch Softball bats can be built from different materials, and they all have their advantages and disadvantages.
- Composite Bats: Composite bats are some of the most commonly used, and they are fabricated from graphite, fiberglass, and fiber. Their main advantage is that they are very durable when compared to other types, but they also have a demerit in the fact that you cannot use them in many leagues.
- Alloy Bats: Alloy bats are from aluminum mixed with other metals. Most of these bats are one-piece and are also very durable. Allow bats are aesthetically more attractive than those made from other materials and are also light.
- Hybrid Bats: Hybrid Bats feature two-piece bats with a composite handle and an alloy barrel.
Approval To Use In League
If you are a professional player or you, intend to play in the league soon then you have to choose your gear wisely. Different leagues have their rules whether they are school, state, college, national or professional leagues.
These rules and regulations also dictate the type of gear that you can use. The bodies in charge test different types of bats before approving them for use in their matches. And so you should do your research well to determine whether the bat has an approval for use in your league before buying it. It will be very disappointing to spend thousands of dollars on a bat only to find out that you cannot use it in your league.
There is nothing technical that determines the right bat length as it will vary from one player to the other. A good bat will feel right on your hands, and you can easily determine this by a simple experiment before buying one.
If you hold the bat high and ready on your batting stance, you can decide whether it is long enough. A bat that is too long will feel cumbersome and off balance while one that is too short will make it impossible for you to reach a pitch that is only a few inches off the corner of the home plate.
The right bat weight will depend on the type of player that you are and the pitcher that you expect to be facing on a regular basis. This only means that the right weight will be more dependent on the player.
A good bat should be comfortable on your hands and should be well balanced to make you feel in control. The bat should not be too heavy such that it will tire you excessively when you swing, and neither should it be too light to make your hands fly too quickly through the zone.
A fastpitch bat drop is one of the most talked-about things when shopping for best fastpitch bats and also when playing this beautiful game. If you are a new player, it may look like something very complicated, but it is simply the difference between the length (inches) and the weight (ounces).
For example, the drop for a 34-inch bat that weighs 24 ounces is 10. ASA rules dictate the drop should be between 8 and 12 so when you are shopping for best ASA softball bats you should make sure that it is within the allowed parameters.
Fastpitch Softball Bat is manufactured and distributed by various companies such as Easton, DeMarini, Miken, Worth, Louisville Slugger and other brands, and so their prices will vary according to the manufacturer. Bats from high-end companies will cost more than those from least known and although this is thought to reflect the quality this is not always the case.
When shopping for a bat, you should consider your budget because you cannot buy what is not affordable to you. And so when on a tight budget, you should look for cheap fastpitch softball bats since you can get bats that are as cheap as $100.
As much as you might know a lot about bats, or do in-depth research and analysis the most reliable source of information is fastpitch softball bat reviews of customers. You should read what other players that have used the bat have to say about it and also the opinions of experts. The good idea is to go for bats with the most positive reviews, but you should also ensure that they are genuine customer reviews.
Common Mistakes To Avoid While Buying A Fastpitch Softball Bats
Fastpitch Softball is one of the most popular sports in the USA, and it is slowly becoming global because there are very few countries where you will not find this beautiful game. However, whether you are a pro or amateur you have to buy the right gear to be able to play this sport.
The bat is by far the most important thing that you need to play this game, and so you should always aim at buying the best so that you can enjoy the game more. Although it is the intention of every player to buy the best fastpitch softball bat, there are a few common mistakes that most people make when shopping and so they end up buying low-quality one. Of all errors that players and coaches make when shopping for the bats the following four are the most common.
Relying On Your Favorite Color
The color is what will draw your attention not only where a softball bat is concerned but in everything else that you buy. It is a fact that everyone has their favorite color, but this should not mislead you into the purchase of a low-quality bat simply because you like the color. Even if you like the appearance, you should test it or inspect it keenly just to be sure that it has all the necessary features and qualities that define a good Fastpitch bat.
Manufacturers know just how much colors influence people in purchasing and so even if their product is of an inferior quality they will usually paint it to look very attractive. And because you want to look stylish on the pitch with a colorful bat, you may be tempted to buy it without considering other factors, but this is a terrible mistake that any player should never make.
Considering Other People’s Swing
Another common mistake that most people make is picking a bat just because their teammates or other friends are using it and doing it perfectly. Just because another player seems to be perfect with a particular bat it does not mean the same will be the case for you as there are several other factors that you should consider.
Instead of just picking something according to another person’s swing you should try out different brands and choose one that will perform best when on your hands. It is important to keep in mind that during a game whether it is a school or professional league you will be alone in the box with your bat. And so if the bat does not swing well for you then you should not expect to have a good game.
Choosing the Wrong Length and Weight
Although no particular length can be considered perfect for the game it all depends on the player. You can quickly determine whether a bat has the right length or not by judging how it feels on your hands when in a swing position.
The idea is not to buy a very long or one that is too short. Your height will also determine the right length for you and so you should avoid the common mistake of choosing one that is as long or short as what your friends own. The same also applies to the weight because the bat that you choose should not be too large and neither should it be excessively light.
A lot of time people tend to ignore the weight as they think that all of them weigh the same, and so this makes players buy without considering the weight. The idea is to have a quick light bat so that you can easily combat anything that the pitcher throws your way.
Buying Without Adequate Information
There is more than enough information available on the best Fastpitch Softball bats, and so it is a grave mistake to buy one without first finding out everything that there is to know about it. Reading customer and expert reviews is a very reliable source of information, and you can also ask teammates and other friends who have an interest in Fastpitch about their experience with certain types of bats.
Most of the time players are either excited to get a new bat that they think that is perfect for them, or sometimes they are in a hurry just to get something to use for a game. However, buying without proper knowledge is probably the worst mistake you can ever make.
Here Are Our Best Fastpitch Softball Bats Reviews
- Paraflex Plus Composite Barrel: With a massive sweet spot and maximum...
- 3Fusion Connection: The streamlined design allows for greater weight...
- ReAction End Cap: Built with a blend of stronger and lighter...
The CF8 has the strength of aluminum but performs as good as a wooden bat. Its composite material gives it not only durability but also an incredible sweet spot that will help take your performance a notch higher.
The sound that the bat makes when you hit the ball will make you feel like a pro and the fact that it does not have any sting or vibrations makes it very comfortable to your hands. And to make things even better, it comes in seven different weights to length ratios to ensure that each player gets something that will work well for them.
Features and Design
- Drop: This DeMarini fastpitch bat has seven drop options to choose from that are -11 and 8, 9 and four different drop -10 bats.
- Play Approval: It has approvals from USSSA, NSA, ISF, ISA and ASA making it suitable for use in all the major tournaments in the USA.
- Handle: CF8 uses D-Fusion 2.0 Handle Technology that eliminates vibrations and directs all the energy to the barrel.
- Material: This two-piece bat uses a Paradox Plus+ Composite Material that not only makes it very durable but also gives it a large and hotter sweet spot than most other bats.
- Barrel: The stacked barrel construction will increase the performance of the bat and its durability. It also has a 2¼ inches diameter and 12 inches length that makes it a standard size.
- The CF8 requires little to no break-in time. Experienced batters will not need any break in time especially if they have used DeMarini fastpitch softball bats in the past.
- Has an amazing pop that will make you look forward to practice or a match day so that you can swing it.
- Very durable due to its full composite construction, and so it will be a long time before you need to replace it.
- Does not have any sting or vibrations thanks to the D-Fusion handle Technology.
- It is an expensive bat. However, when you get to use it, you will know it is worth every coin spent on it.
- The graphics on the bat may not be the worst, but they are also not very attractive and will not impress players who are very keen with the aesthetic appearance of their bat.
- Some players complain that it is heavy, but this is most likely because they did not choose the right weight since it comes in various weights.
- BARREL: Full Composite with patented dual disk - S1ID Barrel...
- CONSTRUCTION: Two-piece design featuring our exclusive IST Technology...
- SWING WEIGHT: Balanced swing weight that is perfect for all player...
- END CAP: Ultra lightweight X-Cap design for improved speed and control...
- GRIP: Standard FP grip with improved cushion.
In the past few years, most college and high schools teams prefer to swing the Louisville Slugger Fastpitch Xeno due to many reasons. Key among them is the fact that the bat feels lighter than it is and it also has a balanced weight making it ideal for most contact hitters. The composite material used to make it and the zero friction double wall design also make it a notch Fastpitch bat.
Features and Design
- Drop: The Xeno softball bat has a drop of -10 that is within the acceptable range for use in professional leagues.
- Material: It is a Performance Plus Composite bat with a zero friction double wall design that ensures that you reach your maximum performance and durability.
- Balanced Weight: This bat has a balanced weight distribution, and this makes it ideal for contact hitters.
- Construction: Nowadays most players prefer two-piece bats, and so Louisville uses iST technology to make this one of the best two-piece bats currently on the market.
- Grip and Handle: Comes with a traditional grip design and 7/8 inch handle which is ideal for most players regardless of their age or size of hand.
- Approval for Play: The bat has an approval certificate from NSA, USSSA, ISA, ASA and ISF.
- Has an incredible pop, and it feels lighter than it is, and this makes it easy and comfortable to swing.
- This Xeno fastpitch bat does not sting when you hit the end cap, and so it gives you the freedom to concentrate on your game rather than being worried about stings.
- iST technology and S1iD make it very forgiving during hits and also improve its feel.
- The bat has a reasonable price tag and although it might not be the cheapest in the market it is still way more affordable than most other popular brands in the market.
- Although it has a good grip, you will need to replace the grip tape after some time. Depending on how frequently you use the bat you may need some new tape after a couple of weeks.
- Does not give players a variety of colors to choose from and the graphics need some improvements to make it look stylish and modern.
- Paraflex Plus Composite Barrel: Engineered for consistent...
- 2 Piece Composite Construction: Designed for improved weight...
- 3Fusion Connection: The streamlined design allows for greater weight...
- ReAction End Cap: Built with a blend of stronger and lighter...
The DeMzarini CF7 continues in the long line of success in the CF edition and just like all its predecessors it will take a batters game to the next level. It comes in almost any size that you can think of, and so it is nearly impossible for any player not to find something suitable for her game.
Its length ranges between 30 and 34 inches with a drop of -10, but there is a youth barrel with a drop of -11. Other notable things on the bat include the breakthrough D-Fusion handle that is also carbon reinforced and a thermo-fused taper to reduce vibrations.
Features and Design
- Drop: The DeMarini fastpitch softball bat comes in several weights and lengths, but most of the bats have a drop of -10 except from the youth one with a -11 drop.
- Approval: You can use CF7 in all the tournaments in the USA since it has approvals from ISF, USSSA, NSA, ISA and ASA.
- D-Fusion Handle Technology: This technology is one of the main things that make the CF7 popular because it eliminates all the vibrations and also redirects the energy to the barrel.
- End Cap: The end cap is uniquely designed to maximize the sweet spot and sustain optimal barrel compression.
- Design: This two-piece composite bat uses Paradox Composite to give a hotter sweet spot.
- Has an overall lightweight feel, and it has also been redesigned to sustain maximum POP.
- If you value the appearance of your bat, then the CF7 will impress you with its fantastic look. Apart from this it also feels great on your hands.
- It’s hot of the wrapper, and you should not be surprised if you hit the ball to the fence on your first few swings.
- Demarini CF7 is incredibly well balanced, and this makes it feel very light on your hands hence improving your swing and overall performance as a batter.
- Has a sweet sound when the bat hits the ball, and although this might not seem important to some people, it is vital as it can help to boost the confidence of a batter.
- The handle is not very good at least not as good as the DeMarini CF6 fastpitch softball bat mainly due to its grip. However, it will not feel as bad once you get used to the bat.
- Some customers complain about its durability with some saying that it cracks after a couple of months. However, a majority of player have no problem with its durability.
- TCTâ„: Thermo Composite Technology for a massive sweet spot and...
- CXN ZEROâ„: 2-piece ConneXionâ„ Technology engineered for zero...
- Ultra-thin 29/32" handle: All new 1.2mm HYPERSKINâ„ Grip
- Certifications: ASA [98MPH], USSSA, NSA, ISA, SSUSA, ISF
Easton Mako CXN is what every batter dreams of and with such a bat in your hands, you will have no limitations in reaching your maximum performance. This 100% composite bat has an extremely low MOI that gives it a fantastically balanced swing weight.
It also uses CXN Zero Technology to join the two pieces and hence eliminating vibrations and increasing its performance. The other things that batters will love are the Thermo Composite Technology and the fact that it has approvals for play from all the major bodies.
Features and Design
- Extremely Low MOI: The bat has a balanced swing weight due to the extremely low MOI, and this makes it perfect for contact hitters.
- Drop: Easton manufactures bats that are suitable for use in both practice and tournaments, and so the Mako CXN has an acceptable -11 drop.
- CXN Zero Technology: Since this is a two-piece bat it needs an inventive way to connect them to ensure maximum performance. This Easton fastpitch bat uses the CXN Zero Technology to connect the two pieces, and it eliminates vibrations for ultimate performance.
- Approvals: The bat has certificates for play in ASA, NSA, ISA, ISF and USSSA.
- Grip and Handle: It has a Hyperskin Grip with a thickness of 1.2mm making it very comfortable on your hands especially when you have to hold the bat for a long time. The handle is a 29/32 inch ultra-thin.
- TCT (Thermo Composite Technology): TCT is one of the main things that make this bat one of the best in the market as it gives it an unmatched bat speed and a massive sweet spot.
- Material: It has a 100% fully composite construction making it a high performance and durable bat.
- Very easy to swing for both amateurs and pros, and also forgiving making it the perfect tool for every batter.
- Has fantastic graphics, and although most two-piece bats look great, it looks way much better than others currently on the market.
- Has more pop than most bats that cost twice its price tag.
- Comes in different weights and lengths and hence giving a player the opportunity to choose something that has the best feel on their hands.
- Easton Mako CXN is a balanced and very durable bat, and so you can be sure that it will serve you for long.
- Although it comes in several sizes, it does not have a small size for junior players, and so this means that some players cannot use it.
- It takes a while to break in, but this is only according to some players since most find it hot out of the wrapper.
The Easton FS3 is an upgrade from a previous one-piece bat, and it uses the CXN Zero technology to join the two pieces that make up the new bat. CXN Zero is popular with Easton bats, but it is not the only thing that makes this bat perfect. It also has an IMX Advanced Composite Barrel that optimizes its sweet spot for maximum performance.
Features and Design
- Material: It is a 100% two-piece composite bat making it very high performing and durable.
- Balanced Swing Weight: The weight of the bat is evenly distributed to give it a balanced swing weight that is perfect for contact hitters.
- CXN Zero: Just like most bats from Easton it uses the CXN Zero technology that eliminates vibrations but still transfers all the energy to the barrel.
- IMX Advanced Composite Barrel: The bat has a 2¼ inches barrel diameter that is designed using IMX Advanced Composite Technology that optimizes compressions and the sweet spot.
- Tournament Approvals: The Easton FS3 has tournament approvals from ISA, ISF, NSA, USSSA and ASA.
- Drop: Has weight to length ratio of -12 and this makes it perfect for use by professional players.
- Grip: It has the popular 1.2mm Hyperskin Bat Grip.
- Has zero vibrations and sting but still transfers all the energy perfectly or as it should be and this is because it uses Zero CXN Connection.
- Highly durable thanks to the composite material used in its construction.
- Although it is a two-piece bat it has the sturdiness and feel of a single piece bat.
- This Easton fastpitch softball bat has a balanced swing weight, and this makes it feel very light and comfortable to use even for new batters or amateurs.
- The smoothness and ease of control will allow the batter to get ahead of the ball and to drive it to the fence.
- The warranty has some strict conditions such as if you use the bat in certain circumstances it will be void. However, this is something minor that is also common for most bats.
- It is very plain, and the graphics are not very attractive especially if you compare it to other brands on the market. And so it may not work for you if you prefer something with trendy and modern graphics.
- In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- Things To Consider When Choosing the Best Fastpitch Softball Bat
- Common Mistakes To Avoid While Buying A Fastpitch Softball Bats
- Here Are Our Best Fastpitch Softball Bats Reviews